The West Midlands Police cadet scheme involves 13-17 year olds, who meet once a week at cadet units across the West Midlands.
As part of a national curriculum, the Volunteer Police Cadet scheme is based on four national objectives-
- Making a difference in local communities, building character, confidence and contribution through youth-led social action.
- Actively helping divert young people away from negative influences and crime
- Building trust and confidence between young people, their communities and the police.
- Enabling young people to have a real voice and influence in building a positive, relevant 21st century policing.
Cadets are offered the chance to:
- learn about policing, including visits to departments
- learn new skills and to help others
- volunteer in the community
- be part of events such as Pride or Remembrance Day