Being a St John Ambulance Cadet is a great way for young people to volunteer and learn valuable life skills. As a Cadet, you will be working towards your Grand Prior Award and can choose from over seventy different subjects to complete your award. These range from first aid to fire prevention, photography to sports. If you’re a Cadet aged 14 or older, and have completed your first aid training, you can progress to become a Peer Educator or Youth First Aider.
Many Cadets join St John Ambulance to gain relevant experience before pursuing a career as a paramedic or health care professional. With so many different activities to get involved with, there is something for everyone, including:
- learning first aid and volunteering at events
- engaging in social action and helping your local community
- learning about health and wellbeing
- developing your confidence and communication skills through our Cadet leadership courses
- becoming a Peer Educator and helping to teach others first aid
- enjoying a wide range of adventurous activities on a residential summer camp.